Thursday, July 21, 2011

Marilyn's Ferragamo Heels

Marilyn Monroe. Even when I was a little girl I was obsessed with her. I mean, she was so feminine, so beautiful, so stylish. Men melted wherever she went.

And the shoes she wore. My God. Those were incredible.

There is one specific incident involving Marilyn that sticks out for me:
I was watching TV, and was suddenly transfixed. I saw her dancing in a red gown, covered in crystals, with red heels, covered in crystals, and suddenly everything clicked in my head. I think every girl is draw to things that sparkle, like a moth drawn to a flame. That's why we all want to get married and have a huge diamond forever on our hand.

My point is, those shoes changed my life. I no longer wanted to play with trucks and Lego's with my brothers. I wanted girly, sparkly things. And fifteen years later, I still want the same things. We're girls. Dress up never has to end.

So who was the designer of these fantastic heels? Salvatore Ferragamo. The Italian designer who dressed the feet of the stars. Those shoes auctioned at about $40,000. That is quite a bit of money to walk in Marilyn's shoes.

So here's the good news: we here at GYPSY GAMINE VINTAGE have up for auction a pair of extremely RARE vintage Salvatore Ferragamo heels, encrusted with Swarovski crystals. These gorgeous heels have multi-colored Swarovski crystals, and are at an amazing price that is not even close to $40,000. So you can breath a sigh of relief, for all things holy and girly in this world CAN be obtained. And just as a tease I'm not putting up pictures of them here. Hehe. So go to our online Boutique!!!


SHOP GGV NOW!


1 comment: